Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Portfolio Analysis

1a. Travis Haughton
1b. sports and stories
1c. mergers, some photos look set up, pictures of signs, too many children photos
1d.The judge likes the first photo and how it wasn't staged-candid.
1e. The photographer is still an amateur because he had many basic mistakes. I liked their theme of children but I didn't like most of the photos.

1a. Melissa Golden
1b.stories
1c. out of focus, frame is too small, too cluttered
1d. portrait of man, children playing baseball
1e. I thought many of her pictures were nice, especially her portraits, but the judges thought her photos were hysterical.

1a. Nick Adams
1b. photoj, sports, artistic
1c. out of focus, photo of children with disabilities is redundant, head gets cut off
1d.boldness of the first photo, silhouettes
1e. I like the artistic/graphical photos the photographer took. I liked most of the photographers photos.

2a. The judges liked how the photographer was in the middle of the action, the photos were clean, mostly in focus, and shot from good angles.
2b. I think the photographers strength was being able to capture the moment from a close distance and a weakness was going overboard on photoshop for one picture.

3a. The judges go through the top portfolios and view them overall. They pick a photographer who had clean and majorly good photos. When it comes down to the last two they see which portfolio worked the best and was not redundant.

1.I agree with the eight picture story portfolio in part 4, about the boy who works with greyhounds. The judges and I like the pictures because they tell a great story, without confusing the viewer. The story was told well.

2. In the first photo in part one the judges say that there is nothing to the photo, which I disagree with.  I think that the photo looks very interesting with the blurred road and the vibrancy of the red car.


No comments:

Post a Comment