Monday, March 28, 2016

Student of the Month// My First Interview

1. How active are you in school clubs compared to your competitors?
Hardly have any free time, I'm constantly involved in activities.
2. What extra curricular activities do you participate in?
I'm part of GSA, Gay Straight Association, and band. I play percussion in band. 
3. How long have you been completing those activities?
I've been participating in those activities since the beginning of the year, fall of 2015.
4. What made your teacher nominate/pick you?
I'm very outspoken and helpful in class. As well as that I do my work on time and pay attention in class.
5. How have students reacted to your win?
Many people congratulated me, but many were also snarky because they were jealous. I think they had also applied.
6. What makes you stand out as a student among your peers?
I'm smarter in my decision-making, than most of my peers. I also pick up directions very well.
7. What are your passions in school?
My passions are art, music, and animals. They help me stay calm and express myself.
8. What are you passions outside of school?
I like to practice volleyball as well as going on adventures, and visiting new places.
9. How supportive are your parents in the decisions you make?
They are pretty supportive towards my decisions, but at times they do disagree. Most of the time they believe in me.
10. What are the benefits of achieving this title?
I think it would look good on college applications, I also get a lot of respect from my peers.
11. What are the disadvantages of achieving this title?
Some people think I am a teachers pet, and that I am a goody-goody. Others get jealous and are rude to me.
12. How did you prepare yourself to be capable to win this title?
I practice writing essays and keep track of my achievements, academically. 
13. What are the best clubs to participate in?
The best clubs are HOSA, Science Club, and Key Club.
14. How often do you volunteer?
I volunteer every other weekend, at Austin Pets Alive. I play with dogs and help around.
15. What are your opinions on having a job while being in school?
It's good to get a job that fit a school schedule, so that there is still time to attend school and do homework.
16. How can you volunteer at help you to gain experience?
Places like APA and hospitals are allow you to interact with people and tai social experience.
17. What are good summer opportunities for students your age to get involved with the community?
Volunteering at hospitals and the library can be a good way to be involved with the community.
18. How advantageous are summer classes versus classes during the school year?
IT is pretty good, because it gives you more time to focus on the one specific subject rather than 8 classes. But it is bad because you have to do hard work over the summer.
19. How does this title make you feel and why?
The title makes me feel good about myself, but I'm glad that it's only "Student of the Month" because it relieved me of too much pressure.
20. What leadership qualities do you have?
The qualities I have are patience, foresight, and an upbeat and positive attitude." 

No comments:

Post a Comment