Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Student of the Month Story

Who- Magnus Gunderson
What- He won the student of the month title.
When- the month of April
Where-James Bowie High School
Why- He excelled academically and in extracurriculars, in comparison to his peers/fellow applicants.
How- He was nominated by a teacher to be eligible to apply for the title. He then wrote essays, short answers, sent in teacher references, and completed an interview.


       James Bowie High School has received its newest recipient of the "Student of the Month" title for the month of April. The winner is Magnus Gunderson, a freshman at the school.

       Recognizing his achievements, Gunderson's biology teacher, Mr. Adam Richter nominated him. Following the nomination Gunderson submitted an essay, references, and completed an interview. He won due to his involvement in school activities, and good grades.

       "Magus was chosen as the "Student of the Month" due to his stellar accomplishments in in academics and school involvement," assistant Principal Stephen Kane said.

       Gunderson's biology teacher, Adam Richter, submitted a nomination for Gunderson.

       "Magus is such a good kid, and always strives to do his best in biology, he definitely deserves this award," biology teacher Adam Richter said.

       Gunderson participates in many extra curricular activities, making him well known around the campus.

       "I'm part of GSA, Gay Straight Association, and band. I play percussion in band. I hardly have any free time, I'm constantly involved in activities, " Gunderson said. 

       The administrators at the school agree that the title was well-deserved. 


       "We didn't plan on giving the award to a freshman, but his application stunned all the judges, " Kane said. 


       Gunderson is a student who always gives his best effort and stands out amongst his peers in the eyes of his teachers. 


       "Out of most of my students, Magnus is the most involved in school activities, yet he also produces the highest quality of work. It's quite astonishing, " Richter said. 


       Among all the busy activities and schoolwork, Gunderson manages to keep a focused and determined mindset by combining his passions and talents. 


       "My passions are art, music, and animals. They help me stay calm and express myself, " Gunderson said.


       Gunderson is enjoying this title, but realizes the effect it can have on this status.

       "The title makes me feel good about myself, but I'm glad that it's only "Student of the Month" because it relieved me of too much pressure. Some people think I am a teachers pet, and that I am a goody-goody. Others get jealous and are rude to me, " Gunderson said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment