Friday, October 9, 2015

Academic Shoot Reflection and Critique

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos following the rules I set out for you? 
It was very hard to get interesting pictures because most of the time the subjects weren't doing anything unique or visually intriguing. Most of the class were either working on a worksheet or the teacher was giving a lecture.
2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly.
I found myself thinking the most of the rule of thirds. Every time I took a picture I would at least think about that rule and how I always had to somehow incorporate at least that one rule. This is because it is such an easy rule to follow and embed into photography, and it can make a photo all the better.
3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography?
I would try to change my positioning while taking pictures and try to think about how I can focus of the subject to take the clearest and best photo possible.4. What things would you do the same?
The thing I would do the same would be how I would always try to at least incorporate one rule because that made my pictures so much better and appealing.
5. When you go out with your next set of prompts, which rule do you think will be the easiest to achieve?
The easiest rule to achieve is the rule of third because it simply has to do with the way you position your subject in the lens of your camera.
6. Which rule do you think will be the hardest to capture?
The hardest rule is simplicity because there are so many distractions throughout the school from posters on the wall to people walking in the way of the picture.
7. What rule are you still not totally clear on and what can you do to figure out what that rule is?

I am kind of confused about avoiding mergers because I understand it, but I still don't completely know how to avoid i and recognize it when I take the picture. Although I am able to recognize it after I see the image on my computer screen.

Critique:
http://rebeccasphotojournalismblog.blogspot.com

I really likes the natural expression she captured of the boy in the theatre classroom and how she always zones into the subject so that the subject is clear and at the center of attention.

I think that if Rebecca used rule of thirds in one of her balance images it could have added a different affect which could have been interesting and contributed variety to her photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment